Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Uncle Roman said it was the best he's ever tasted . . .

Uncle Roman said that last night's spaghetti sauce (Peter, forgive him for calling all pasta sauce "spaghetti sauce") was the best he's ever tasted.  Which is interesting.  I actually intended to make one of our family's favorite recipes:  Uncooked Spaghetti Sauce (again, Peter, forgive us for calling all pasta sauce "SS").  This recipe calls for the following:

3 c. uncooked tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1/3 c. olive oil
1/4 c. fresh basil, chopped or 1 T. dry basil leaves
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/3 c. fresh parsley, chopped or  1 heaping T. dry
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
1 t. salt or more if needed

I decided to "primavera" this recipe (or add a bunch of chopped vegetables) so I chopped onion, zucchini, and eggplant and sauteed that with the garlic in a little oil.  I then added the 1/3 c. olive oil, basil, parsley, cheese, and tomatoes.  I did not cook it after I added these ingredients!  Voila!  The best "spaghetti sauce" Uncle Roman has ever tasted on angel hair pasta.  Try it, but please don't call it "spaghetti sauce." 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Auntie Annie. I LOVE your uncooked spaghetti sauce! I will definately have to try the "primavera" version :) Thanks for sharing wonderful recipes with us!
    Natsume

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try this. I have a ton of basil in my garden.
    And I'm going to follow your blog! I love your cooking and recipes.

    ReplyDelete